What is IPTV?
Internet Protocol television (IPTV) is the delivery of television content over Internet Protocol (IP) networks. This is in contrast to delivery through traditional terrestrial, satellite, and cable television formats. Unlike downloaded media, IPTV offers the ability to stream the source media continuously. As a result, a client media player can begin playing the content (such as a TV channel) almost immediately. This is known as streaming media.
Although IPTV uses the Internet protocol it is not limited to television streamed from the Internet (Internet television). IPTV is widely deployed in subscriber-based telecommunications networks with high-speed access channels into end-user premises via set-top boxes or other customer-premises equipment. IPTV is also used for media delivery around corporate and private networks. IPTV in the telecommunications arena is notable for its ongoing standardization process (e.g., European Telecommunications Standards Institute).
IPTV services may be classified into live television and live media, with or without related interactivity; time-shifting of media, e.g., catch-up TV (replays a TV show that was broadcast hours or days ago), start-over TV (replays the current TV show from its beginning); and video on demand (VOD) which involves browsing and viewing items of a media catalog.
How do Android TV Set-Top Boxes Work?
- Q: Is a box like this legal to own?
- Q: What do I need to make this work?
- TV with HDMI outlet and 10 MB. or higher broadband Wi-Fi Internet.
- Q: Are they hard to set up?
- Your Box is plug and play, with no messy wires, satellites, or cables. Simply connect to the back of your TV HDMI and connect to Wi-Fi and enjoy the show. See Quick Start
- Q: Does the Box Update itself?
- Yes, every time you restart it.
- Q: Is there any monthly or annual fees to pay?
- With Free installed apps, if the programs are free for us it should be free for you! Or you can subscribe to a service for Higher quality HD/HFD with 99% better streaming uptime and less buffering. We even offer a 24 Hr. Free Trial,
*If you wish to extend the warranty or wish to have custom designs and special updates we suggest purchasing our Extended Service Plan (ESP)
- Q: I have seen cheaper boxes available?
- There are many brands some with different chipsets. Some loaded, some you have to program yourself. Our units are a complete plug and play and we provide 1-year replacement and ongoing support. The technology is still in its infancy and we are committed to both pre-existing and new customers that when we find something better. We keep you up to date.*
The answers below will have you using your Cloudcast TV system right out of the box. If you have further questions, please email us at email@example.com
- Q: How do I start using my Cloud Cast TV System?
- Visit our online Quick guide for step by step instructions Click here!
- Q: What is an Android Home page?
- Android Home page is where you can access shortcuts to various apps like Facebook, check your email, or even browse the Internet. You can always get to the home page by pressing the house icon on your remote.
On the Android home screen and using your arrow keys on your remote navigate to the small (K) icon at the bottom and press OK on your remote. This will start up Home Screen and simply press your right and left / up/down arrows to navigate through the selection of your choice. To exit out of the program press return Key
- Q: How do I use the Mouse on the remote?
- Press the mouse icon on the remote and the down or right arrow key to activate. Press the mouse button to turn off. (You may also want to buy a keyboard and mouse and plug it into the USB connection on the back of the box.)
- Q: How do I use the back button?
- Your back button ( Return Key)is most widely used to navigate or exit from one place to another. If you find you are lost keep pressing the back button. It is recognized as a little fish hook Arrow on the remote.
- Q: Can I search for my favorite movies TV shows?
- Yes. Search (Magnifying glass) features are found on most APKS (Apps) It will pull up an on-screen keyboard and you can type or use the remote control to search.
- Q: My show is slow to load or buffering?
- This can happen for a number of reasons, weather, speed of the Internet, or source of the stream. If you are experiencing buffering. Check your internet speed or try a different link.
- Q: How do I turn off my system?
- Press the button on the remote.
- Q: How to Stop / Pause / Rewind
- Once the movie or show has started press the OK button to open player options. Use your remotes right-left arrows to click-through features. * Important* to EXIT from a show you must press the Square button. Also If voice dubbing is off simply rewind for 5 seconds.
- Q: The shows or movies are buffering or lagging?
- Disconnect your modem (router) by unplugging from the wall and wait 5 minutes to restart.
- Q: The program is stuck or not responding?
- Press the home key red button on the remote then go back to letter K and press OK. Or you can disconnect your box by unplugging it but be sure to wait a minimum of one minute before plugging back in.
- Q: Should I buy a surge protector?
- Like any electronic device a computer, TV, etc. You should always protect it from sudden electrical outages as it can damage your box and your TV.
- Q: How do I save my favorites?
- Once you have found a channel or a movie you like press the star icon. then in the APK find your favorites.
- Q: I am watching a movie and want to pause re-wide or stop?
- Once a program starts it will ask you where you wish to watch it from. Find the ones that offer you the best streaming and quality. Once the program, movie, etc. starts you will see a menu just like on a DVD player. Remember if you want to stop or exit a movie playing just press the stop button.
- Q: What is an APK’s?
- APK’s are third party sources from various content providers. Example: Mobdro and offer everything from sports, movies, TV shows, etc. We have placed the most popular APK’s on the systems.
- Q: How do I find more APK’s?
- Go to our home page and follow Filelinked install instructions to our store. Press OK and it will load up a list of more available. Don’t be afraid to spend time looking on the internet for some as well.
*Note: Cloudcasttv.com is absolutely legal and contains APK’s to 3rd party sources on the Internet that make available sites like Netflix, Hulu, Roku, or YouTube. We do not host or upload any video/media files, and are not responsible for the legality of the content one may wish to find. If you have any legal issues, please contact the appropriate media file hosts or owners.