Best practices for affiliate creatives and banners, and brand assets
Cloud Cast TV allows you to provide creatives and marketing material to make it easier for you to promote your website and our products quickly. Below are some best practice guidelines that will help you provide attractive, effective creatives for your posts.
In some instances affiliates may want to create their own Creatives or marketing material. To ensure our business or website branding is as consistent as possible in all affiliate communications brand assets include elements of our brand or website such as high-resolution logos, colors, specific copy and guidelines on how to use these on other websites or in banners. You will find pre-made banners in your Back office under creatives.
Promote online with an additional 100 Custom Banners & ImagesDownload.zip
Here are a few additional tips for creating banners:
- Simplicity is key. Imagery plus one primary message is the most effective!
- Keep your branding consistent. Banners should employ the same branding as your website, social media accounts, etc.
- Smaller files load faster. 40kb or less is ideal!
- Use standard banner sizes. These include (width x height, in pixels) 300×250, 728×90, 300×600, 468×60, and 160×600.
- Use .PNG format if possible. Otherwise, use standard image formats like .JPG or .GIF.
- Follow IAB’s Display Advertising Guidelines for the most up-to-date standards on banner sizes and more.
Sharing affiliate referral URLs/links
With AffiliateWP, it’s incredibly easy for your affiliates to generate and share their unique affiliate referral URLs/links anywhere. Below are some commonly asked questions and answers on how they can generate or create their own referral links, and where they can share them.
How do I generate affiliate referral URLs/links?
- The affiliate can add their unique affiliate ID or username to the end of any URL or product page on your website. For example: http://yourwebsite.com/product-1/?ref=123. See more information on affiliate URLs here: Affiliate URLs
- The affiliate can generate their own referral link from the Affiliate Area by pasting the page URL from any page on your site into the Page URL field and clicking the Generate URL button
- Or, you can use examples- you’ll just need to append their affiliate ID or username to the URLs you provide them.
Can affiliates still promote my products if they don’t have a website?
How can I share my site or products specifically through social media?
Can affiliates track the performance of where their marketing efforts are focused?
- The number of visits through a specific campaign referral link
- How many unique referral links have been used for that campaign
- Whether the conversion was successful (a referral was generated)
- And what the conversion rate is for that particular campaign.